The U.S. Department of State issued a Europe Travel Alert on November 22 that is in effect until February 20, 2017.
Notre Dame International (NDI) has made an announcement encouraging students, faculty, and staff traveling abroad to familiarize themselves with the text of the alert and abide by all recommendations, including:
- Stay in touch with your family members
- Look for guidance from local authorities and program staff
- Monitor local media and information sources
- Be aware of immediate surroundings and avoid large crowds
- Check the website of your nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate for any recent security messages, including short-term travel destinations
Students at the London Global Gateway are reminded that they must complete a Travel Form every time they travel outside of London, whether in the U.K. or abroad. It is also recommended that they register any travel with the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
London Global Gateway rector Josh Copeland (Joshua.Copeland.firstname.lastname@example.org) invites students to discuss any questions or concerns they may have in relation to their travel plans.
Members of the wider Notre Dame community may email email@example.com with queries.
Originally published by international.nd.edu on November 24, 2016.at