Update: The U.K. threat level was reduced to severe on September 17, 2017.
On September 15, 2017, the United Kingdom raised its threat level to critical in response to a terrorist attack on the Tube train in southwest London. Specific information about threat levels is available on the MI5 website.
All travelers should be aware of the guidance from the U.S. Department of State for high alert situations:
- Avoid crowds and pay attention to your surroundings.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities.
- Be informed: Monitor local media and the U.S. State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program communications.
- Be flexible: be prepared for additional security screening and unexpected disruptions.
- Stay in contact with your family and have multiple communication plans in the event of an emergency.
NDI continues to rigorously monitor world events, and urges all travelers abroad to take proactive safety measures and access the University’s resources for responding to disruptive or unsafe situations. We continue to request that all students register their personal travel online. Additionally, counseling and support services are always available to all undergraduate students through GeoBlue worldwide insurance; call +1-610-254-8771 (collect calls accepted).
Contact: Notre Dame Security Police 1 574 339 6154
Originally published by international.nd.edu on September 15, 2017.at