In the wake of yesterday’s attacks in Paris, Notre Dame International (NDI) has confirmed the safety of all students known to be studying in France—or visiting France while studying abroad elsewhere.
NDI encourages members of the Notre Dame community to direct all questions and concerns about this event to Tom Guinan, NDI’s associate vice president of administrative operations, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Notre Dame students abroad received the following advisory e-mail from NDI earlier today:
Dear Notre Dame students abroad,
I am sure by now you are all aware of the terrible events that took place Friday evening in Paris. Our prayers are with all of those immediately affected by this violence and also with those around the world who hope for peace, charity, and justice. I want to take this opportunity to provide you with information of more personal relevance.
Counseling and Support
- Counseling and support services are available to each of you through the HTH insurance. Here is the contact information for HTH: HTH Worldwide: or +1 610-254-8771 (you may call collect)
- For those in Global Gateway locations, counseling and support is also available through Gateway staff. Prayer services or other community events may be organized at Gateway locations
- For those in facilitated or direct-enroll programs, counseling and support may be available through your respective on-site program coordinators
- NDI personnel (program directors and others) here on campus are available as needed to provide support or information to you or your parents / guardians
- Please be sure to register all personal travel and let others know your whereabouts if you plan to be away from your program location for more than 24 hours. You may register your personal travel here online.
- The State Department is advising all travelers to exercise caution, vigilance, and to avoid crowded urban areas to the extent possible
- Students should also allow extra time on any near-term travels given the likelihood of heightened airport and border security
- Please review the contact information NDI has on file in our online system and ensure particularly that the cell phone information is current and accurate
- Please respond timely to e-mails / SMS requests from your respective Gateway staff or program coordinators
- Please be sure to keep in frequent contact w/ your parents/guardians/family when events such as these occur
Originally published by international.nd.edu on November 14, 2015.at