Rolling Applications with first review December 1, 2021
The London Global Gateway (LGG) is delighted to announce an opportunity for Notre Dame faculty and up to 2 graduate student dissertation scholars to conduct short-term research in London during the Spring 2022 semester, while in residence at the LGG. An apartment at the LGG will be provided for 1 week (10am on Monday to 10am Sunday) with the accommodation costs for that week waived. Anyone wishing to conduct research at the LGG for a longer period are welcome to apply for such, but would require additional funding sources to support that stay.
PLEASE NOTE: Other costs, including travel, will need to be covered through separate funding.
The LGG Residential Research Opportunities will be offered as follows:
- Up to 10 residencies will be offered between January 10, 2022 and April 30, 2022.
- The 1-week opportunities will be awarded on a competitive basis with applications accepted on a rolling basis.
- Full-time regular members of the Notre Dame faculty, library faculty, and special professional faculty are eligible to apply.
- 2 of the 10 residencies will be awarded to graduate students who have completed all requirements but dissertation (ABD) and whose research would benefit from academic resources in London or in the locale of the LGG.
- Open to all disciplines, colleges and schools.
- A brief statement of your research project and how it would benefit from academic resources in London or in the locale of the LGG.
- Preferred weeks for the residency. You will upload this Week Ranking Template to your application
For Faculty: An email from the Chair of your department supporting the week of research in London. This email is to be printed and uploaded to the on-line application.
For Dissertation Scholars/Researchers: An email from the dissertation director confirming your ABD status and briefly addressing the relevance of resources in London or the locale of the LGG for your research. This can be printed and uploaded to the on-line application.
For questions about research in London, please contact Charlotte Parkyn (email@example.com).